Are you ready for a challenging new job and make the difference from strategic perspective? We are looking for an M&A Associate. As M&A Associate, you are instrumental to NorthC’s M&A activities and strategic direction.
- M&A: As M&A Associate you will join the Director M&A to identify and analyse market opportunities and subsequently execute and manage acquisition processes, establish joint ventures or partnerships, and identify, select, analyse and manage potential brown-or greenfield investment opportunities across Europe.
- Project management integration: You will be managing M&A integration processes as a project manager, ensuring completion of such projects in a (cost-)efficient and timely manner, ensuring deadlines are met. You will do this in close cooperation with the integration team and relevant stakeholders, both internal and external.
- NorthC financial-and operational model: You will be responsible for further developing and improving our internal financial-and operational model and you will keep this model up-to-date, incorporate growth initiatives, both organic and non-organic and perform analyses if and when required.
You will become part of a small M&A team, responsible for identification, evaluation, selection and execution of M&A opportunities. You will do this in close cooperation with the Board, Management Team, Finance, multi-disciplinary projects teams as well as with our shareholders and other relevant stakeholders. Our goal is to deliver on NorthC’s strategy, by pursuing and executing transactions that add significant value to our existing and international platform of regional datacenters.
You will report to the Director M&A and you will have significant exposure to all decision makers and be at the forefront shaping NorthC’s growth ambitions internationally.
- Assisting in- and development of the overall M&A strategy;
- Managing of- and assisting in all stages of acquisition processes;
- Identify potential acquisition opportunities through market assessment, competitive monitoring and profiling;
- Detailed analysis of target companies with focus on business model, financial performance and synergies;
- Development of acquisition business cases, valuation- and synergy modelling;
- Coordinate (due diligence) activities on legal, accounting, operational and financial matters;
- Preparing relevant transaction documents, both internal and external;
- Cooperate with other departments on structuring financing and operational requirements;
- Develop an integration plan for the target including management analysis and requirements and subsequently manage such integration in collaboration with integration teams;
- Responsible for NorthC’s operational and financial model, both historically and forward looking, in close cooperation with relevant departments including finance;
- Present results of analyses and assessments in documentation and presentation formats. Support the Director M&A in drafting presentations; and
- Further professionalise the M&A team and standard materials and procedures are kept up-to-date by you.
Since you will be part of a small team, you will have to cooperate with experts both within NorthC as well as external. This network is to assist the M&A function in all its aspects including technical and operational issues, financing, legal, commercial, market intelligence and more.
Your Competencies and Experience
- University degree in business, finance, economics or comparable
- Proven track record and experience in M&A, with c. 4-6 years of relevant experience in (corporate) M&A, Investment Banking, Big 4, financial modelling and relevant project management skills, preferably with experience in the datacenter industry
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with strong financial modelling skills
- Strategic, yet pragmatic thinker to develop and consider strategic, financial and operational implications of acquisition opportunities
- Proven ability to work with executives in developing strategies, assessing targets and identifying value creation opportunities and associated risks
- Proven project management skills to manage and execute on acquisition projects
- Familiarity with all phases of acquisition processes
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and preferably experience with Power BI
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and interpersonal skills across organisational levels and stakeholders
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial, collaborative approach, team player, creative thinker and proactive personality
- Able to motivate and coach a team of multiple disciplines, both internal and external, to achieve high quality results
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priories effectively
- Energetic and positive can-do mentality, hands-on and pragmatic
- Fluent in Dutch and English, additional language is a plus
- Ability to travel if and when required
Does this position suit you or would you like to receive more information about our vacancy? Send an email to Yvonne Mooij, Director Human Resource: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an international provider of regional datacenters and the most reliable provider of colocation and connectivity services with the best digital ecosystem in The Netherlands. Carrier and cloud neutral, with focus on sustainability supported by innovative initiatives and a clear path towards becoming fully carbon neutral. We operate in the heart of the Metropolitan Region of Amsterdam, Rotterdam – The Hague, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Groningen, and recently expanded into Germany, with the ambition to become a true pan-European player. NorthC is all about personal relationships. We believe that in our digital world, the human element is more important than ever.
Where North represents our inner strength, C symbolizes customers, connectivity, cloud, and content. With our culture at its foundation. That culture is characterised by the human dimension. At NorthC people go before processes. The core values open, personal, flexible and entrepreneurial complement our culture. We give each other room to communicate, to accelerate, to share ideas and to take on challenges. We listen to one another and are not afraid to make mistakes, because this will only make us stronger. Because you are able to work within a pleasant atmosphere, you are able to bring out the best in yourself.